CBA or CBA Hero (?) Realms

[MM]Zix

发布3 March 2019 - 9:29 pm
CBA PathBlood 1.5.5 had Hero mode switcher, with Realms support, but the mods banned the map because of that. If they guarantee that they won't ban the map again from rated maps, then I will re-add this Hero mode switcher. I won't create two separated maps, because all future updates would take double work.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 ggitired

编辑3 March 2019 - 10:56 pm通过ggitired
Not allowed to play cs in npl anyway ;spy

As if I'd play rated gamees :(
[MM]Zix wrote:
CBA PathBlood 1.5.5 had Hero mode switcher, with Realms support, but the mods banned the map because of that. If they guarantee that they won't ban the map again from rated maps, then I will re-add this Hero mode switcher. I won't create two separated maps, because all future updates would take double work.

Voobly won't rate a map that has a booter (or potential for abuse). Hence, the no gaurantee. (Was 1.3.5 I think)
+Tic@voobly wrote:
Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:38 am
The booter needs to be removed completely or map unrated.
+Tic@voobly wrote:
Edited 5 August 2018 - 12:28 pm by +Tic@voobly
This version has been unrated due to possible abuse issues. =V= CBA PathBlood 1-5-4.scx is current version.

The version you are referring to had potential for abuse and that's why it was removed.
[MM]Zix wrote:
I won't create two separated maps, because all future updates would take double work.

I'm not sure of the technical aspects of editing a mod and how it works with the maps. Was never my strong point. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but could you have Realms work with the regular CBA Hero map? And just make changes to the Realms Mod when need be? I don't blame you having to do edits on two separate maps. Must be a pain in the ass to do CBA Path alone lol
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 ['RB']ZottenDree

发布4 March 2019 - 1:15 am
ggitired wrote:
As if I'd play rated gamees :(

sadly it does not matter if its rated or not CS is not allowed to be hosted, advertised or talked about in NPL :(
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [MM]Zix

发布4 March 2019 - 4:52 am
1.5.5 was removed because of the Hero mode switcher. They called it abuse just because the host could set it Hero mode without the knowledge of the players. Its nonsense, because the hosts do not even advertise it as "CBA PathBlood", they always name the room to CBA Hero 40 (or 42) civs.
The regular CBA Hero map will never support Realms, because new triggers must be added in the map for new civilisations. Making changes in mod is required, but not enough.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [F0rk]Deathcounter_

发布4 March 2019 - 12:00 pm
What CBA is played daily in CS? Hero version 22? What version is the most popular/standard right now?
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Dej4Vu

发布4 March 2019 - 12:33 pm
Cba v21/hero v15.. Despite v22 even being latest update bcoz ppl don't play it
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 +Isey

发布4 March 2019 - 1:32 pm
Dej4Vu wrote:
Cba v21/hero v15.. Despite v22 even being latest update bcoz ppl don't play it

v22 has some minor bugs thou, but completly playable.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [F0rk]Deathcounter_

发布4 March 2019 - 3:06 pm
Well, who made it? can it be modified to be compatible with Realms civs? What about Gallas, can he modify his WK CBA one? Zix, cant you just make a seperate map and do balance changes in both? or maybe give the map someone else and ask some scenario maker if he can adjust whatever changes you do in your pathblood?
Seriously tho, Cant voobly just allow the hero switch again? Cant a trigger check what ladder is played and then put the correct mode? LIke if the Ladder is CS ALTERNATIVE -> Pathblood, if CS Hero -> Hero mode
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [MM]Zix

发布4 March 2019 - 3:54 pm
I have already tried to make separated Hero map 2 times, but I always had to stop it after 1-2 versions because it took extremely much work to do everything on 2 maps. And I don't trust anyone to make changes in the map. Trigger check would work to detect if its CS Alternative/Hero, but it needs Voobly client and Patch update too, and I fear they will never make it.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 ['RB']ZottenDree

发布4 March 2019 - 9:29 pm
[MM]Zix wrote:
but it needs Voobly client and Patch update too, and I fear they will never make it.

BINGO you hit the jackpot on that one
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 ggitired

编辑4 March 2019 - 9:36 pm通过ggitired
Well thanks for the replies. Doesn't seem like there is much interest in it. Doesn't seem worth your time or efforts anyways.

Still thought it would be a good idea to discuss. ;)

sadly it does not matter if its rated or not CS is not allowed to be hosted, advertised or talked about in NPL :(

Sadly, it's been like that for a long time. Death (Further lol) to CS and CS promotion lol I don't need an incentive level to do free promotion. But locking out the people that have this sort of attitude is bull**** :)
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 +[MM]jason

发布4 March 2019 - 10:17 pm
Only voobly could think that restricting players would help them flourish. Community is split and cs has little chance of survival.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 ['RB']nhoobish

发布5 March 2019 - 11:23 am
[MM]Zix wrote:

+1

A CBA spin-off already exists. The UUs are quite broken anyway, so the balance of the standard CBA with Realms addition would be questionable.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [F0rk]Deathcounter_

编辑5 March 2019 - 11:24 pm通过[F0rk]Deathcounter_
ggitired wrote:
Well thanks for the replies. Doesn't seem like there is much interest in it.
There is much intrest. It's just, nobody wants to do the map. Zix would like to do it, but only if you allow his map to be rated even with Hero switcher. Or find someone who makes a seperate map, shouldnt take toooo long to make when you based it on an already existing CBA. Should have rather made a Realms CBA hero rather than wasting time on ordering a WK one. It was kinda obvious that CS player wont do WK since they are afraid of new things and why should they pay
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 24_King_

发布12 March 2019 - 5:53 am
Wont die, come on:(

链接 | 回复 | 引用
1[2]3
从 16 30中展现32 - 0
讨论区跳转:
2用户正在阅读这个话题 (在过去的30分钟)
0成员2游客

What's popular right now: