Lag in lategame

Jupe

编辑21 January 2019 - 10:04 pm通过Jupe
Hey.
I get some sort of lag that feels like pc lag. It only starts in very lategame in teamgames.
The game stutters abit every now and then, mouse and scrolling lagg mainly but it seems the units stutter aswell (however my friends don't expierience the lag). This happens both with stream and without stream and starts about the same time
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/367438585?t=02h51m44s
this is an example, like 1-2secs after that timestamp there is a bigger stutter. If you watch there are smaller abit more unoticable ones frequently.

The problem started after i began using dual monitor setup. Both of my monitors are 144hz. I also tried with both @120hz.

I have been switching between the room settings; hardware acceleration both disabled and enabled

So far only one that i think might have an effect that i havent tested is without windowed mode (which im trying to test now)

My PC specs are: Ryzen 2700x (stock speed now, took it down from OC to test) and 1050gtx ti
Im using windows 10

Any help would be appreciated
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Jupe

发布21 January 2019 - 10:35 pm
My main display is connected with Displayport and 2nd monitor with DVI. I used to use my now 2nd monitor as primary before. If i play video on the 2nd monitor while playing, now issue with the video or other programs displayed on it. Also tried with the 2nd monitor being ''empty''. No difrence.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 hassan

发布22 January 2019 - 12:19 pm
Hi. I would like to ask you some questions :

-How much RAM you got ?
-Since when it happens ?
-Do you have the graphic card driver updated / Done a recent update ?
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Jupe

编辑22 January 2019 - 1:46 pm通过Jupe
I have 16gb of DDR4 RAM
Started happening after i got my 2nd monitor about 2 weeks ago. However i didn't notice it untill like week after; might be because of not playing any tg into later stages of the game back then but i guess there is small chance it could be something else aswell.
I did graphics card update for after i noticed the lagg i believe.

I dont know if that is something unusual but what i noticed already before was that my 2nd monitor is under difrent driver that is called generic pnp monitor, i guess because the monitor doesn't have its own driver or something? The 1st monitor has it's own Benq drivers which updated to new nvidia drivers while the Generic PnP Monitor has drivers dated to 2006 by microsoft.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 hassan

发布23 January 2019 - 6:53 pm
Quote:
I dont know if that is something unusual but what i noticed already before was that my 2nd monitor is under difrent driver that is called generic pnp monitor, i guess because the monitor doesn't have its own driver or something? The 1st monitor has it's own Benq drivers which updated to new nvidia drivers while the Generic PnP Monitor has drivers dated to 2006 by microsoft.

This is a driver to recognize the monitor. It hasn't any impact on the graphic card.
Quote:
I have 16gb of DDR4 RAM
Started happening after i got my 2nd monitor about 2 weeks ago. However i didn't notice it untill like week after; might be because of not playing any tg into later stages of the game back then but i guess there is small chance it could be something else aswell.

Can you test again with your BenQ monitor ? Try to play a late game with the updated drivers, to see if it still occurs.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Jupe

发布23 January 2019 - 8:13 pm
You mean with my old monitor? Benq is the new monitor and asus one is the older that is now 2ndary.
I will test when i can.

You don't think any of those settings from nvidia control panel could cause it? Like having v-sync on or something.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 hassan

发布23 January 2019 - 8:55 pm
Jupe wrote:

I understood from this that your BenQ monitor is the old one and the Acer one is the newest one.

Anyway, you can try in the Nvidia settings this :

Right click on the desktop again, and select Nvidia Control Panel.
On the left side, select Manage 3D settings
Then under the Global Settings tab, scroll down to Vertical Sync, and set that to Adaptive.
Click Apply.

Give us your feedback.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Jupe

编辑24 January 2019 - 5:27 pm通过Jupe
Sorry that was my mistake, i meant 1st monitor as my primary monitor there.

Anyway i tried the v-sync change. The drivers i tried to upgrade through w10 it said they are both up to date (even the 2006 one)

Dno if there is somewhere i could find the new drivers for that or is it really it really the newest?

Anyway the changes i did so far had no impact, Lag started in 4v4 game at about 30-35mins

Must say it's really frustrating because i heard that basically every1 had that issue with dual monitors that had difrent refresh rate so because of that i invested in another 144hz monitor. I just wonder if there actually is people that do not have this issue with dual monitor (same refresh rate, even better if with 144hz) that don't have this issue

Obviously another thing that is not helpfull is that i can't easily simulate the situation as i have to basically play a TG 4v4 and hope it get's to imperial every time every time i try new settings.

链接 | 回复 | 引用
 hassan

发布25 January 2019 - 4:48 pm
Hi.

Do the two monitors have the exact same refresh frequency (144Hz) ? Check if one of them maybe has 50/60 Hz.

Also for the drivers, I don't think it may impact something, as the drivers there serves only to detect the monitor.

Try vs 7 AI hardest mode so you can simulate it.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Jupe

发布25 January 2019 - 11:26 pm
Yeah both of them are 144hz although in windows the other one is showing as 143hz (in nvidia panel both show as 144hz)but i also tried both with 120hz.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Jupe

编辑26 January 2019 - 3:54 pm通过Jupe
Could it make any difrence if i switched the cables between 2nd and first monitor (then dvi would be on primary, dp on secondary)?

I obviously have very little idea about pc's in general but wouldn't it be near imposible to be caused by anything related to gpu? as aoe shouldn't use gpu pretty much at all. I am still possibly looking to buy new GPU in the near future, could the problem be fixed with dual gpu? Unfortunately this cpu doesn't support the motherboards onboard graphics so i can't try it that way.

One thing i have noticed is when i look at CPUID HWmonitor while the game is running lategame one of the cpu threads can spike up to 100% (although i don't know why hwinfo displayes difren't cpu threads as cpu's)
Although i haven't really been looking at it that often neither have i really looked at it during early game.

E: Another thing i should probably mention is that this doesn't occur with other games (atleast with fortnite)
Actually i first had the issue with fortnite aswell but after i did the latest windows updates they didn't occur anymore
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Jupe

编辑26 January 2019 - 4:44 pm通过Jupe
I know AoC does run on only 1 cpu core but does it also run on only 1 thread of the core? Could disabling multithreading help with this if that could be possible reason for this issue?
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Jupe

编辑26 January 2019 - 9:10 pm通过Jupe
Okay so i did some tests today.
With both SMT on and off weirdly the CPU (or with SMT the thread) Usage was going between 75-100% ingame, mainly at around 90% . Didn't seem to have any effect on it weirdly(maybe it actually uses full CPU core with it aswell or i dno). I don't know what those numbers would be with one monitor but they sound extremely high for a processor that i have.

Some weird things i've noticed also that might be helpfull for you; I tried to remove the 2nd monitor in-game and it completely froze the main monitor inside game (i could tab out and everything normal, but ingame the screen froze on the last frame it had when i removed) and as soon as i plugged it back in, it worked normally. Same thing happens if i try to change the refresh rate of monitor (i can't remember if only changing the 2ndary monitors refresh rate does it; i think i changed both monitors refresh rate when i tried it)

Unfortunately i couldn't replicate the lagg playing against AI (4v4 with barbarians, DM and post imp) there were no lag issues while playing with the AI even when all were probably near 200pop.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 hassan

发布26 January 2019 - 9:55 pm
You can try then in multiplayer again. Did it occur only in 1 game or multiple games ?
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Jupe

发布27 January 2019 - 7:54 pm
hassan wrote:
You can try then in multiplayer again. Did it occur only in 1 game or multiple games ?
Not sure which one of the questions was that answer to but anyway is lagg in all TG that go to imperial (maybe like 15 games so far) but wasn't able to replicate it against AI (well only tried once barbarian DM post imp 4v4)

链接 | 回复 | 引用
[1]2
从 1 15中展现29 - 0
讨论区跳转:
1用户正在阅读这个话题 (在过去的30分钟)
0成员1游客

What's popular right now: