Game not launching

_Stringer

发布7 February 2018 - 2:30 am
Hi,

I have played maybe 500 games on voobly but today my games stopped launching at some point this afternoon.

It goes through the lobby screen, game launches in the the secondary lobby where teams are chosen, says, game launches, says 'connecting' then a jingle occurs, the screen goes black and then I get an error message sayd Age of Exmpires Expansion cannot be loaded.

I find it upsetting. I have uninstalled and re-installed AOE2 twice on steam, uninstalled and re-installed Voobly twice and downloaded and tried to patch it maybe 5 times, spent about 7 hours trying to fix it.

The other players in my game room say they got a message saying a cheat bug or something?!

I find it really upsetting and can't find a solution.

Simon
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 kitt

发布7 February 2018 - 2:39 am
hi
try admin tools, application events, logs. see if any help with showing the problem.

try the installation again
follow this guide exactley and then see?
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 _Stringer

发布7 February 2018 - 2:56 am
thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I've followed it exactly a fair few times but still can't figure it. After I try and download the patch and write it in to the AOE2 steam file it sometimes says AOE2HD cannot be found.

There was a place on the commandments that said make sure the file is there (86xprogams - steam - steam apps - common - AOE2HD) and when I tried to put the patch in there it always added 'new folder' after.

When I try and spectate a game it says 'error, cannot write file', I've had errors that say 'language file not found'. I just can't do it, I don't know what's wrong but it's just bugged out and I can't fix it.

I've tried installing and re-installing and doing the patches but I just can't do it. I had a look at the microsofot updates but nothing to indicate any change, I spoke to live shelp support, just can't fix it...

链接 | 回复 | 引用
 _Stringer

发布7 February 2018 - 3:20 am
I also find it strange that the error that I get when I launch the game is 'age of empires expansion is not working' but I haven't downloaded the expansion pack from steam, just the AOE2HD version, I'll remove the 5th age mod entirely (it must have downloaded by accident when I joined the wrong game) and I'll see if that helps...
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 _Stringer

发布7 February 2018 - 3:50 am
FIXED! Thank god. I noticed when launching a couple of microsoft alerts in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, one said a scan was done in december which is fine, the other said my screen was not at optimal resolution.

Anyway, I started the game in single player mode and it worked then it starting working on multi-player so I am back up and running....

Don't know what went wrong or what happened. Oh well..
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 kitt

发布7 February 2018 - 1:57 pm
hi
great

链接 | 回复 | 引用
[1]
从 1 6中展现6 - 0
讨论区跳转:
1用户正在阅读这个话题 (在过去的30分钟)
0成员1游客